How to Have a ‘Dirty Dancing’ Themed Party
Being big 80′s movie buffs, we think the idea of a “Dirty Dancing” themed bachelorette party like Kate Middleton’s sister Pippa is throwing, sounds like a creative and fun way to celebrate one last night of singledom. Ask guests to come dressed in 60′s attire, play the soundtrack and get ready to dance all night long.
HERE’S HOW TO HAVE THE “TIME OF YOUR LIFE:”
1. Send dance party invitations like the disco invitation from TinyPrints.com.
2. Ask party-goers to dress in 60′s attire like the characters in the movie. Think cuffed jean shorts, canvas tennis shoes and dresses with full skirts that will twirl when you dance. This figure skater dress from American Apparel is reminiscent of the pink dress Baby wore for the final dance.
3. Serve watermelon martinis in honor of the classic scene in the movie where Johnny asks Billy why Baby has come with him to staff quarters. She responds with the famous line “I carried a watermelon.”
4. Play the “Dirty Dancing” soundtrack or sing along in karaoke to hits like “Hungry Eyes,” “Love is Strange,” and “Hey Baby.”
5. Set up the room with a dance floor, disco balls and white twinkle lights. Then hire a dance instructor to teach a salsa merengue class for you and your guests.
6. For the ultimate “Dirty Dancing” enthusiasts, stay at Mountain Lake Conservancy and Hotel in Southwest Virginia where the movie was filmed. They have “Dirty Dancing” weekends where dance lessons, location tours and trivia are offered.